Ohio Countdown 2004

2004 Presidential battleground analyzed by a grizzled campaign veteran and Ohio's Top Targeted Undecided Perfectly Predictive Swing Voter - His Mom.

9/12/2004

Ike/Kleenex Button Found In Gutter

One of my neighbors found an old "I Like Ike" button in the street in front of my apartment in Tremont. On the back rim was written "Kleenex Tissues '68" on it. Anybody know what this might be? Surely, Ike wasn't running for president in 1968...was it a trinket to be found in Kleenex boxes in 1968?

2 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a Dewey and Warren campaign pin with Kleenex Tissue 68 written on it? I was curious about it Also!

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Gary Slagle said...

Tim- In 1968 Kleenex tissue produced 3 commemorative sets of past presidential campaign buttons. They were obtained by providing proofs of purchases. I don't know how collectible they are, but I have the three complete sets that I'm going to put on Ebay today(28 Dec 05), if you'd like to see and compare what you have. Thanx- Gary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com